Letting Your Audience Feel Your Art
This episode is a rebroadcast from my old show KDOI Podcasting where I took a topic and had conversations with artists from varying disciplines. In my talk with Monsell Carty, we discussed empathy, what it is, and how he uses it in his stand-up comedy art.
Empathy Definitions and Quotes
- Merriam Webster the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner also: the capacity for this action of understanding being aware of and being sensitive to. the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it
- Harper Lee: You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.
- Ernest Hemingway: When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen
- Aristotle: To perceive is to suffer
To reach out to me, email firstname.lastname@example.org I would love to hear about your journey and what you are working on. If you would like to be on the show or have me discuss a topic that is giving you trouble write in and let's start that conversation.
- Email: email@example.com
- YouTube Channel: Create Art Podcast YT Channel
- IG: @createartpodcast
- Twitter: @createartpod
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.